Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Feeling slightly coo coo?

Well, if you are, you're in good company.

Truth is, for about 4 years I've been believing God for about 4 things that I feel He's put on my heart to believe him for and to contend for in this season of my life. Sometimes I feel so close and then nothing. Sometimes I swear it's right around the corner then...no. There definitely have been small breakthroughs in those areas but not to the level that He promised. Sometimes, I just tell the Lord that I'd rather just not have those things and move on, it's harder to believe then let it go, in all honesty. But He won't let me. These are things HE wants to do in my life and He wants me to believe for them. But to be quite honest, it's hard sometimes. Many times I just feel slightly foolish or just plain crazy. So this morning as I was sharing all these feelings with the Lord, he encouraged me with this:

"Don't you think Joseph felt like a fool when he told his brothers he was going to be king and got sold into slavery then put into prison? Don't you think Noah felt like a fool building a boat day after day with no rain in sight? Don't you think Abraham felt like a fool while believing God for a child when he was 100 years old and his wife was 90? Don't you think David felt like a fool showing up to fight Goliath with a sling shot? Don't you think Moses felt stupid leading God's people out of Egypt straight into a sea with an army of people behind him?...The truth is Alicia, if you feel like a fool then you're in good company with many of the heroes of faith in my book. Remember, without faith it is impossible to please me. In other words, if there wasn't an area of your life that you were believing to the point of secretly feeling foolish, then THAT would be reason for concern. Be encouraged my child, you're on the right path and remember the character they gained in the time between promise and fulfillment prepared them for what I had for them. Don't wish away this time, but embrace it and allow me to develop the character that will help you on the other side. Never forget, Joseph DID become king and save many from a time of famine, Noah DID save his family and creation from a flood, Abraham DID have a child and become the father of nations, David DID kill Goliath, Moses DID lead his people across an open sea and on toward the promise land."

So my encouragement to you is this, don't lose heart. Don't give up. Don't look at the sea and start to think God failed you. Keep believing. Keep standing. He will part the waters and give you the promised miracle. He will do the impossible in your life. Just wait for it. Be expectant. Have faith in prison, so when you're king it will be that much sweeter to know when nothing around you looked promising, you believed.

God encouraged me with this scripture this morning:

"Let's keep a firm grip on the promises that keep us going. He always keeps his word.
...So don't throw it all away now. You were sure of yourselves then. It's still a sure thing! But you need to stick it out, staying with God's plan so you'll be there for the promised completion. It won't be long now, he's on the way; he'll show up most any minute."
Hebrews 10:23,35-37

2 comments:

  1. Pea, this is amazing. Kenny and I have felt this way at many times. We've even suffered as others said we were "way off." etc... or "What are you thinking?" God does always follow through - but we have to let Him. Sometimes I have missed the promise by "being logical" and "moving on." I'm so proud of you and the way you live and your heart towards Jesus. You inspired me when you were a very young little girl and you continue to. I love you. Cass

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh GOODNESS, I just read above and see what Kenny named me on AOL when he opened up my account! Turkey!!!
    Love, Cass

    ReplyDelete